Monday, September 24, 2007
Once again, the Goodness Girls at Sweet Goodness Swaps have put together another fun filled swap. The Holiday Sister Swap is just starting and will be a little different than previous SG swaps. We'll be sending three smaller swap packages to our "Swap Sister" over the holidays and really getting to know each other. My swap sister is Cindy from Cindy Is Crafty. I've only had time to read a little of her blog and boy, she really is crafty!
To get us started, we've been given 20 questions to answer about ourselves.
1. Favorite Color? Pink, any shade.
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Yes, I like chocolate. Any kind.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? Sewing/Quilting
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Oh, there are LOTS. I'd like to learn how to knit. I'd like to do more papercrafting (cards & gift tags) and be more creative at it. I'd like to be able to embroider some of my sewing projects, but my embroidery skills are seriously lacking. Maybe I should practice.
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? Plastic canvas, cross stitch. Not good at drawing or painting.
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!) Allergic to housework. No food allergies though.
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else? I love going on a train ride to the pumpkin patch, then having a family pumpkin carving night. I was really looking forward to making Nathan a super Halloween costume this year. Unfortunately, he wants to wear his Thomas the Tank Engine costume again. For the third year in a row. Oh well, at least I'm getting good value for my money with that costume.
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? I’d like to, but don’t have many decorations.
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? We celebrate Christmas. All white icicle lights on the house and all white mini lights on the tree. My tree decorations range from a handmade felt bird that I made as a kid in 1972 to vintage Shiny Brites from the thrift shop. With a five year old "helping" to decorate, anything goes and it usually ALL goes on the tree! We also like to have Snowmen around the house at the holidays.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? Yes, a five year old son.
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? We have two indoor cats, two outdoor cats (that adopted us) and a goldfish.
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? Yes, I like to read. Lately, it’s been more magazines than books though. When I’m in the mood and have the time, I enjoy good, humorous chick lit, especially British chick lit. I do get some teasing from my friends who read “real” books, but hey, a girl’s gotta have some fun!
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? No, ours are all earlier in the year.
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? Other than dust bunnies and laundry?? Let’s see…..I have a crystal collection, mostly vases, which sadly lives in a box in the garage. I also collect things made in England (coffee cups, pottery, china). My hubby is English, so this collection makes me feel closer to his family.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? I like to cook/bake just about anything. Lately, I’ve been wanting slightly spicy foods like curries. I’m anxiously anticipating the cooler weather when I can have a big pot of soup simmering on the cooker with bread baking in the oven.
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? I typically don't wear any perfume due to hubby's sensitivity to most of them. I do like scented lotions, shower gel, bubble bath and candles. My favorite scent depends on my mood. I like cucumber/melon, vanilla, musk and “beachy” scents (sandalwood?). I don’t care for strong, flowery or spicy scents.
17. What’s your favorite song? Just one song? I don't think I can name one favorite. I have pretty diverse taste in music. My most recent favorite CD is Celtic Woman: A New Journey. A peek into my CDs.....Dixie Chicks, Eagles, Anne Murray (Croonin'), Rod Stewart, Brad Paisley, George Michael, Vonda Shephard, Sinatra, Garth Brooks, Paul Simon and many more.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? On a rare date night with hubby, we went to see The Bourne Ultimatum. It's a bit difficult for us to get a sitter, so we tend to rent DVDs rather than go to the movies.
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Hmmmm…..I like chewy candies. Red Vines. Salt Water Taffy. Rolos (chewy & chocolate!).
20. Tea or Coffee or other? We drink tea. More specifically, we drink British tea. PG Tips. Did I mention my husband is English? Yep, that's why we drink PG Tips in this house, with milk and sugar.
So, there it is. Probably more than you really wanted to know about me. : D
Images courtesy of Google image search.