Thursday, September 20, 2007

Swamped

I'm still here, just busy, busy, busy. I keep thinking it's got to slow down, then something else comes up. Does this happen to anyone else?

The moms group I belong to just had it's annual fundraising yard sale. We did really well, actually the best we'ev ever done. But let me tell ya, it was a ton of work. Seems like we have more stuff donated every year.....bags of it, boxes of it, piles of it! I'm sure you don't want to hear all the details. It was a lot of work, a lot of fun and will help some local needy children.

Other things on my plate:

This lovely pile of fabrics. Sorry for the dark photo. The bottom piece is a red Christmasy plaid. The middle is red velvet (or velveteen, not sure). And the one on the top is a super soft, fuzzy something or other. It's nice, but it sheds. A lot.
These will eventually be a Halloween costume/Christmas outfit for a friend's daughter. She'll be Cindy Lou Whoo. My friend is very excited about it. I hope I can meet her expectations. She mentioned that it's cost more than she imagined and that they'll be saving the outfit to put in her daughter's hope chest. Great. Lovely. No pressure. Just something she'll be holding onto forever. Oh boy.

And have I mentioned that I'm Room Mom for Nathan's Kindergarten class? Well, I am. I've gotten two very different reactions when I tell people of my new title. One is the "Oh, it'll be so much fun" attitude. The other is more of a condolence with an "It's so much work" comment. I'm sure it'll be both. Tomorrow afternoon is the first activity that the teacher has asked me to help with. Of course, she only asked me yesterday, so I've been busy making phone calls and asking for help. It should be a fun time for the kids. I'll post photos if I remember my camera!

Back to the grindstone....I've got fabric calling me.

4 comments:

Shara said...

Oh, Christy, you will love being the Room Mom. I did it for five straight years and I miss it so much. But, the best part is that you get to be with your son and with all the other kids too. I was at school today and got hugged by twenty kids still happy to see Miss Shara. Cngrats!

jessica said...

You'll do great with that costume - I can't wait to see how it turns out...

Dinah said...

I'm sure the costume will be terrific! I couldn't help but laugh though when you were talking about "no pressure...she's going to save it forever...etc." I could hear myself saying those same words as I read it. Too funny. We've probably all been in those shoes. I know I have!

randi said...

Getting back to the fabric-grindstone is actually fun, isn't it?

I am looking forward to seeing the Cindy Lou Who costume! Please post finished pictures!