Monday, December 4, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree....






The Tree is up! And it's decorated!!


















I must say that I only put a few ornaments on the tree. Every time I unwrapped an ornament, it was taken over by my 4 year old. We couldn't get him to understand that the tree needed ornaments all around, so it's a little heavy on one side. Several branches have numerous ornaments on them. He eventually laid down on the tree skirt to hang the shiny ones under the tree. I have to remember that he's 4 and letting him do things his way builds his self confidence. Besides, it's only the Christmas tree....it doesn't have to be perfect. Repeat after me...it doesn't have to be perfect...it doesn't have to be perfect....





Still so much to do -

My mom's group Christmas Dinner is Saturday night and I'll be making Chicken Broccoli Alfredo for at least 20 people. I haven't cooked for that many in a while. It should be a very fun evening. And I also have at least 4 projects to finish and ship so that certain family members have gifts on Christmas Day. Oh and the gift for Nathan's teacher. We made a cute Snow Family for her, but Nathan now wants to keep them. So tomorrow we're off to Walmart for more buttons to make another Snow Family!
Snow Family #1

4 comments:

koria said...

I have some of the most distinct memories from my childhood about the tree decorations. They are so special to kids - you only see them once a year...The sparkle and the glitter...and something that the adults never seem to understand: they always claim you are not supposed to play with them, just look at them. Why do we lose the sense of touching and playing with things when we grow up?

Your 4 yr old is a lucky fellow! I bet he felt like the luckiest little boy when his mom let him play with all of the great decorations.

Rebecca said...

What cute snow people! They remind me of ones I made as a kid where you wrapped toilet paper tubes in cotton batting. :) Hmm . . . must remember to save toilet paper tubes . . .

Jodi Ohl said...

Christy-don't stress over a tree "designed" by a youngin', you can always rearrange later! I have two boys that have their own ideas on how things should "look" so I can appreciate what you are going through! It looks wonderful though, so your little one has a good eye for design!

I love chicken broccoli alfredo, I just made the other day with cheese tortelli as a matter of fact. MMM. Have a good time at your dinner party!

Jodi Ohl said...

..tortellini...that was supposed to be..or however you spell it! LOL