Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Seeing Stripes

When making quilt binding, I'm always amazed at how much binding is needed for what seems like a relatively small quilt.

For instance, my Scrappy Stash Quilt-Along quilt.....

I've worked on it a little more now and it measures about 53" by 61". Doesn't sound so big.

Until you start figuring out how much binding to make.......
 (53 + 61) x 2 + a little extra = WHAT??????

That means I need to make about 20 feet of quilt binding. 
Ugh!

Cut...
Stitch...
Press...
Press again...

Some time later.....

I now have approximately 24 feet of pretty, stripey quilt binding.
Phew!

Time to figure out the backing and get this baby put together.

1 comment:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

That striped fabric is just the perfect binding for your scrappy rainbow quilt. Can't wait to see it all done!