Back in November, I thrifted a set of pink gingham pillowcases with cherries on them. Cindy saw them and suggested that I use them to make Martha's "Sleeper of a Bag".
The bag was super easy and came out pretty cute. I did a couple things differently than Martha. I ripped out the stitching on the open end of the pillowcase and cut off the excess. I didn't want the extra bulk that the double layer of fabric would create in the finished bag. (I used this piece to make the tissue holder.) The other thing I did differently was to ignore the instrucitons to hem the cut edges before putting the two pieces together. I turned under 1/4" (twice), ironed and pinned. Then put the two pieces together and stitched it all together.
I made the bag and tissue holder (before Christmas) for my new buddy, Yard Sale Princess, who was one of the winners of my 100th post giveaway. Now, the Princess has officially graces us with her presence in blogland. So go check out her new blog, Digging For Treasures, and give her a big welcome to the community.