The first one was for a girly-girl. I thought the roses and bright pink leopard print were a nice contrast. I used the tutorial from Skip To My Lou, which is a great tutorial, but because I used the Twistable Crayons, I should have made some size adjustments.
The second Crayon roll was for a boy, having a pirat party. I found fabric that looks like an old pirate map and used rope to tie it up. I made the size adjustments for the pockets, but am still not completely happy with how it turned out. Because of the way I sewed the pocket seams, the roll won't lay flat. So, the next one I make I'll cut the fabric bigger, start sewing the pockets from the middle one out and THEN cut it to the right length. Hopefully this will solve the "rolling" roll problem!
I do like the look of this one. And I wrapped it (along with a coloring book and story book) in brown craft paper and kitchen twine. It looked very piratey. (Sorry for the wonky photo angle. I didn't realize the roll was upside down until I tried to read some of the print on the fabric!)
My only other sewing has been to add lining to curtains for a friend's daughter. Not exactly creative, so I'll spare you any photos!
P.S. My sincere apologies to anyone who subscribes to bloglines for my blog. I didn't know that a message was sent every time a blog is "published". And being a bit (really) ditsy about blogger, I didn't know that I could use the "Compose" tab to compose and see what the post will actually look like! I've been writing my posts on the "Edit Html" tab, publishing, then going back to edit, then publishing again, until I was happy with the spacing and photo arrangement and everything. So, I'm sorry if this has been clogging up your email!