Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lookie what I did....

Some actual sewing!
One of my teacher friends is having a birthday this weekend and she loves Mary Engelbreit. I found this M.E. fabric on Etsy and knew I had to make something for her with it. This bag is similar to the Teacher Tote that I made last year.

The lining is made from some Robert Kaufman fabric that I had in my stash. And I fussy cut the pockets to feature the "Bloom" and "Heart" mottos.
I delivered the bag yesterday. She opened it in the teacher's lunch room, which was fairly full. I got a lot of compliments on the bag. Such a nice feeling!

3 comments:

Jane said...

The bag looks great! What kind of interfacing did you use to make it stiff? Is it stiff? It stands up so nicely.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

The bag is adorable! I'm a sucker for bags, especially the nice, roomy kind. I love the flower by the handle, nicely done!

MissBillie said...

Love the bag!!!