Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mixer Mishap

Tomorrow is the 100th Day of School celebration at Nathan's elementary school. I thought I'd be the Cool Mom and make cookies for his class.


Sugar cookies in the shape of the number 100, of course.


I pulled out this lovely cookbook that my dear hubby gave me for Christmas and jumped into making cookies.

It was all going well until........



the batter got a little touch for my little mixer to handle. (Yes, that's one of the beaters sitting in the bowl.)

I'm pretty sure that Martha doesn't use a mixer like mine.

So tell me, does my Sugar Cookie mishap justify getting one of these?


I did manage to gather the dough together by hand and it's chilling in the fridge. I'll let you know how they turn out.

6 comments:

Jane said...

I have the same mixer as you. It's not great. I think I paid something like $40 for it a 9 years ago or so. At the time I decided to get the cheap model and see how often I use it. I would upgrade if it turned out to be a lot. I don't bake cookies too often where it's a problem. The bowl on the other hand bugs me. The flat bottom makes small batches really hard. Then I realized that my Pampered Chef mixing bowls fit perfectly. So I am going to stick with old good enough and only dream of the queen of mixers. Let's see what color do I dream of this week? Probably that vintage jadite green.

Julie said...

My older son, the baker here, wants one of those. It won't be pink and he'll be spending his own hard-earned money if he does.

Yard Sale Princess said...

I say ABSOLUTELY! I have a Kitchen Aid stand up mixer and I love it! I use it for everything!

jillytacy said...

Get the mixer! I received a Kitchenaide mixer as a wedding gift 8 years ago. It's great we use it all the time. I highly recommend it. Of course mine is boring old white. I love that pink!

Liz said...

I bought a Kitchen Aide mixer for my husband about 10 years ago and it is still going strong. We sue it all the time so I think it was worth every penny. He makes sausage, jam bread dough, and juices with the attachments. If you get one, you'll love it.

Vallen said...

Anything justifies getting one of those!!