Sunday, September 7, 2008

National Sewing Month - Week 1 Finished Projects

I didn't get around to finishing my scrappy quilt, but the top is done. I really like the way it came out. I intended to give it to the hospice group that I'm sewing for, but I'm not sure I'll be able to part with it.

I did finish a few other projects.

Simplicity 3835. I've seen a lot of bloggers make this blouse in many different fabrics. The cut is similar to my favorite summer tee shirt, so I thought I'd give the pattern a try. Unfortunately, the blouse doesn't fit me. Apparently, I'm not very accurate at taking my own measurements.


And my first hospital gown for the hospice group. Sorry for the washed out photo. I know it doesn't look fabulous, but it's a soft lilac and white gingham with flowers on it. I thought this thrifted sheet would be cute and cheery. I didn't notice until the very end that I'd cut the sheet with the flowers pointing down. Oh well, it's still nice.

I also finished another gown, but it's too late to take a photo. And really, how many hospital gowns in different fabrics do you want to see?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great shirt! Do not be discouraged. I made this blouse and mine did not fit either. The size I measured for was 3 sizes bigger than what I actually wear. I cut my second one out from the same pattern, just adding some all the way around. I finally have a new pattern and can't wait to make a closet full for next summer!

jillytacy said...

You've been so productive! I think it's so nice that you're sewing the gowns for Hospice. I'm sure the flowers will be cheery for a hospice patient and they won't even notice the direction of the flowers.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Consider this one your prototype!

Christina Marie said...

Cute top!! Sell it! and when the hospice patients look down, the flowers will look right side up to them :)