Sunday, June 17, 2007

Crafter's Block

No, this is not a post about some new quilt square pattern.

This is Crafter's Block, similar to Writer's Block, but without the depression.

I certainly don't lack inspiration thanks to all of you wonderful crafty bloggers out there, but I do seem to be lacking in the creativity department. I guess I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've been building a nice fabric stash. I also have a good sized pile of craft books and magazines. My list of favorite crafty blogs keeps growing too. It really just comes down to the fact that I don't know where to start or what to start on! Ugh! I had such expectations for the lovely stack of fabric I bought last week. Maybe I'll go iron some of it and see if inspiration strikes.


And, if you've read this far, you deserve a photo! Here's my little cutie paddling in the ocean waves.



And here I am, not enjoying the COLD water quite as much as Nathan did!

4 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

I can definitely relate, sometimes we have sensory overload with all the wonderful things out there in craft land to do. Maybe just start with a list of 10 things you want to make if you had time to do. Then pick one off that list and go at it. It will give you focus--and one thing I've realized is that to avoid the block of creativity is to just do something every day--even if it's only reorganizing things so you can thing again in your "space". :)

lil man is a cutie--& your expression is priceless in the cold water :)

lucy

Sarah and Jack said...

Ok, this sounds totally cheesy, but whenever I feel like I have a lot of blog ideas, I make a little list in notepad. Then, when I am feeling dry, I can look at the list!

Rebecca said...

I'm with Sarah on this one, make a list! Of all the things you'd like to make or try to replicate. I also keep an inspiration journal that is filled with cut out from magazines and printed pictures from the internet. When I'm itching to make something I flip through it. I always make notes next to the pictures about how I would change this or what supllies I would use, etc. I swear it helps to get your swirling mind organized!

Love the beach pictures!

Dinah said...

I get the same way a lot of times. And it's aggravating and frustrating for me. But these blogs have helped me so much, and I'll tell you something else that helped just recently. Lucy had a post a couple of weeks ago about a book she was reading which was about writers block or crafters block. What she said in her post struck a chord with me to the point that I printed out her post and glued it into my inspriration book. Read that post and see what you think.