Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Where'd my motivation go?

So, I thought I was doing really well at keepingn on top of all the Christmas to dos...shopping, wrapping, sewing, baking, yada, yada, yada. But I think I've come to a bit of a stand still. I have several people still to shop for. I haven't wrapped a single present to put under the tree. (The UK and NZ prezzies were bought, wrapped and shipped before Halloween) And the sewing projects.....well, I've got all the pieces cut out. I'm hoping that the pixies have learned how to use my sewing machine and will just whip up a couple aprons while I sleep. The baking has been nonexistent, except for a batch of sugar cookies that Nathan insisted we make so he could try out our new cookie press. It works fine and the cookies were pretty tasty, even with the easter decors on them!

I did have a very nice breakfast with my mom's club friends this morning. We had quiche at a great little tea room and exchanged little prezzies. Some nice gifts, especially the dark chocolate covered graham crackers. I'm sure my hubby would love them, but I don't think they'll be around long enough to find out.

And now, instead of going to bed or working on aprons, I'm going to balance my checkbook and pay some bills. I know, I know......there are so many more fun things to do than checkbooks and bills! Maybe I'll get to the fun tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

Hope things come together for you this weekend. I hit a standstill for awhile there...and actually still didn't do everything I wanted to, oh well..lol.....but I made MAJOR headway yesterday. All my wrapping done!! YAY.

Now, someone tell me where i can hire elves for next year?? That would make things soooo much easiar ;)

Sarah and Jack said...

I can really only sew when I "have my groove on" otherwise it is just endlessly frustrating.