Well, I thought I'd posted about this little quilt quite a while ago.
A while ago as in, last October. When I thought I finished it.
This is the quilt I made for the Habitat Challenge in October 2011.
I was never happy with the quilting. That's obviously why it's been stuffed in the closet under a pile of fabric for over a year. My plan was to rip out the quilting and try it again. At our guild Sew In last Saturday, I mentioned this plan to a couple of friends and they thought I was crazy. They reminded me that someone out there would love this quilt, no matter how wonky the quilting is.
So, I pulled it out of the closet with the intention of simply adding a label and shipping it to New Jersey where it would be given to someone in need. To my surprise, I hadn't actually finished my quilt! Yes, it looked finished, but my binding was held on with a really long, loose running stitch.
Easy enough to fix.
It's now properly bound and labeled. And tomorrow it'll be headed back east. To a new home where someone will hopefully be warmed and comforted by it