Saturday, October 22, 2011

beebolt block

If you've read just about anyone's recap post from The Sewing Summit, you know that we each received a swag bag filled with some great stuff. Included in our swag bag was a small pack of fabric squares from beebolt.com. Each attendee was asked to use these little squares to make a quilt block. The blocks will be collected by Kate at beebolt and made into a quilt which will be auctioned off at The Sewing Summit 2012. The proceeds from the quilt auction will go to Project Linus.



I had to play around with the squares and look at quite a few block ideas before I made up my mind. I didn't want anything too complicated, so I decided on a Shoofly block. It was pretty easy to put together (except for the piece I put in backwards) and I'm happy with how it came out.
I can't wait to see the finished quilt at TSS next year!

3 comments:

Artfulife said...

I love how it turned out! I still need to make mine once I'm done with these scotty dog quilts. I can't wait until next year either. Hugs to you!

jillytacy said...

It's very pretty! What a great idea for raising money for Project Linus.

Gabriela said...

lovely! i think i'm thinking too hard on what i want to do for my block!