Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4th????

As usual, time has been flying by.

The last few weeks have been super busy with the end of the school year and fighting a rotten cold. Luckily, all the school stuff is finished and I'm feeling better.

Bring on summer vacation!

I have managed a little sewing recently. The BMQG had it's first swap last week. The theme was Summer Mug Rugs. This is the mug rug that I made:


I was inspired by the Accidental Landscapes of Karen Eckmeier. This was actually the second beach scene mug rug that I made. Hubby loved the first one so much that he said I couldn't give it away. It reminded him of some of the beaches that we like to visit on family trips.

I also have a new quilt in the works. And a plan to finish some of my UFOs!

3 comments:

jillytacy said...

Wow this turned out great! I'm amazed at the detail with such a small scale. What a great mug rug! Another blogger friend of mine posted a quilt landscape inspired from the same book. I thought you might like to see. Here's a link: http://jovaliquilts.blogspot.com/2011/05/accidental-landscape.html

I hate to cook! said...

I love this!

LBP said...

I love your mug rug! Bring on the summertime!

Blessings

Linda