Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thrifted sweater refashion

Last week, I thrifted these to "so-so" sweaters at the Goodwill.

The beige one is kind of boring and has a tie closure at chest level. Not exactly where I want attention drawn.


The blue one is a nice color, but it's very worn and pilling all over. (Not to mention that it's about 3 sizes too small for me!)

Normally, I would have passed both of these up, but the closure on the blue sweater really grabbed my attention.


And yes, I was willing to pay $4.50 for the sweater just to get that closure. (I was very surprised when I saw the brand on the tag - Faded Glory. Not exactly the style I expect from a Walmart brand.)


Ta da! It's not a huge change, but just enough to dress it up a bit. (I think you can click on the photo to enlarge it.) It was very easy and I'm so pleased with the finished product. Think I'll be on the lookout for more refashion opportunities at the thrift store now.

We're starting our Spring Break tomorrow, so I won't be around much. Definitely time to relax and enjoy a little extra family time.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Great job! I bet you would have paid that much for the closure in a fabric store -if you could have even found it! Enjoy your spring break.

Julie said...

I love the color of that blue sweater. I'll be back for UK holiday posts....