Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crafting With Intention - Repurposing With a Purpose

Turning thrifted tee shirts.....




into cap for newborn babies in Haiti.

Amanda, of Soulemama, has launched a wonderful new website, Mama to Mama. It's all about "crafting with intention". A way to link crafters with mothers, children and families in need.

The first Mama to Mama project is Caps to Cap-Hatien; A Partnership with Konbit Sante. Creating caps for newborn babies in poverty stricken Haiti. The caps will be included in Safe Birthing Kits, distriubted by birthing attendants.

There are also other craftivisim opportunities listed on the Mama to Mama site. If you'd like to get involved in the project or see what other opportunities are out these, go take a look at the website.

I'm excited to be a part of this project and can't wait to send off my first batch of baby caps!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Such a lovely idea. I saw her post about that and now that I am not working I will have to check it out. Did you need a serger to do those? I am intimidated by knits. You sure found some nice cheery prints to use!

jillytacy said...

What a fabulous idea. i wish I had more time so I could participate. I love the idea of repurposing with purpose! The hat look great!