Monday, September 22, 2008

Kids say the darnedest things

Last week, Nathan brought home a permission slip to join the Cross Country team. (Yes, they do that at his school.)

I was pretty sure he wouldn't want to do it, but thought I'd better ask him. Just to be sure. I explained about the practices, the meets and how far he'd have to run. He was all fired up about joining the team.

Today was the first practice.

When I picked him up, we had the following conversation:

Nathan: "What are you doing here?"

Me: "I came to pick you up."

Nathan: "I want to quit Cross Country."

Me: "Why? Didn't you like the practice?"

Nathan: "Parts of it were good."

Me: "Which parts were good?"

Nathan: "Taking a break. Getting a drink. Getting ready to leave."

Me: "Well, which parts weren't so good?"

Nathan: "All the running."

9 comments:

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Thanks for the laugh...

Christina Marie said...

OK - most hilarious blog ever!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

ROFLOL - a boy after my own heart!!

Shara said...

That is too funny! What a kid!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I had to take a minute to clean the smoothie I was drinking off my keyboard and monitor before I could comment. That is so funny! Bless his heart he meant it, too!

Raesha D said...

oh my goodness!! that is HILARIOUS!!! poor boy.

jillytacy said...

That's too funny! I'm with Nathan, I don't run unless there's a fire! He, he!

Julie said...

Sounds like my boys. Get him involved in music instead, lol.

Queenly Things said...

Yeah, really, that would be my worst part, too.