Monday, December 10, 2007

Yes, I still sew

And here's a finished project to prove it!


I was able to use scraps from a baby shower gift I made back in August to piece the top and a larger piece of the alphabet print for the back. I cut all the strips 6" wide, in various lengths, then tried to arrange them randomly. The arranging randomly was the hardest part for me. I don't do random very well. I'm more of an "everything in it's place" kind of girl.

The blanket was made as a Christmas gift for a baby girl who's just a few weeks old. It is part of my contribution to "Project Santa", which is a great giving opportunity for our family. For the past few years, a local online group I belong to has put together this Project Santa. There are about 50 kids signed up to receive gifts. All of the gifts will be donated by other group members. I'm always surprised when things like baby blankets and underwear appear on the wish lists. It makes me stop and think about how fortunate we are to have so much. I like doing this because it is a little less anonymous than other toy donations. I've gotten to know some of the families online and am glad I can help out.

And of course, I couldn't stop at just one blanket for this little girl.

Again, I used what I have and put together a couple pieces of flannel into a warm and cozy blanket. A nice floral print on the front and tiny pink rosebuds on the back. Neither of the blankets is anything fancy, but they'll help keep baby warm.

I did finish another project last night. But we were running late for school this morning and Nathan was out the door, wearing the finished project before I could snap a photo. Hopefully I can get him to pose in it this afternoon.

So, how are you Christmas projects going?

No comments: