Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thrifted Fabric and Some Other Stuff

I hit the Goodwill Clearance Center yesterday and got pretty lucky.


Obviously, the black fabric is for Halloween (sorry it's upside down). There's about a yard of it and I plan to make Nathan a new treat bag with it. I'm not sure what the fabrics underneath were meant to be. There are four different fabrics pieced together, but I don't know if it's a quilt top. The pieces are big rectangles and are two different sizes (16X30 & 16x45). Whatever it was going to be, it isn't anymore. I plan on taking it apart and using the fabrics in other projects.

Here's a closeup of one of the fabrics. You should be able to click on it to enlarge the photo.

And the other stuff......


That's a Pampered Chef Measure All Cup and Deluxe Cheese Grater (missing the large grating drum). Together, they retail for just under $30.

I got all the stuff you see in the photos, plus a bag for my laptop and three dresses. I paid $5.01 for all of it!!

I tell ya, the Clearance Center is spoiling me for regular thrift shops. I never know what I'll find, but I know it'll be cheap.


6 comments:

Karyn said...

I'm having a bit of thrifting envy, I think I need to go to the thrift store today and see what I can find!
I love those fabrics!

Sarah and Jack said...

I have that pink/grey/people one in a ready made apron. It had a 60s date on the package and was made by a company that employed handicapped people, but I can't quite recall the name of them at the moment.

That other one in the bottom right corner looks feedsacky. How big is it? What's the texture like? Any teeny tiny holes along the selvedge (if there is one?)

Sarah and Jack said...

Oopps, just saw the size, that's what I get for reading with Jack shoving chapstick in my face. LOL

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Gorgeous fabrics, Christy! I love the PA Dutch looking one. We have a clearance center here in my area and I just might make a road trip this week. It is open 3 days a week.

I love the placemat also under the magazines, too. Did you thrift that or did you make it?

Rebecca said...

I thrifted some potholders made form that pink and grey fabric you show the closeup of!

I love finding Pampered Chef stuff at the thrift. I always pick it up. Recently found a bread tube still in the box and lucky me, it wasn't one of the shapes I already had. Now if I could just think to make some star shaped bread once in awhile LOL

BTW - you won my Goodness giveaway!! Yeah! I'll be sending some random things your way next week. Hope you like them!

Cheeziemommie said...

You have found some GREAT stuff! Which one do you go to?