It's my one year Blogiversary. Care for a slice of cake?
In honor of such an occassion, I've compiled a list of 100 things about me. It's probably way more than you'd ever want to know about me.
100 Things About Me
1. I like to make lists.
2. Hubby thinks I should make a list of my lists!
3. I’m a thrifter.
4. I could (and sometimes do) spend hours treasure hunting in a thrift shop.
5. I like garage sales too.
6. My mom started me on thrifting many, many years ago.
7. She wouldn’t buy me new Chemin de Fer jeans, so we hit the thrift in search of some.
8. I also wanted a pair of Dittos.
9. We still go thrifting together whenever we can.
10. My love of thrifting is rubbing off on my husband.
11. Having said all that, I recently bought myself a $100 pair of jeans.
12. I’ve finished 1 page in Nathan’s baby book. (He’s 5 now.)
13. My favorite color is pink. Any shade.
14. I have a pink wallet.
15. I’m a Diet Coke fanatic.
16. When a restaurant only serves Pepsi and the waitress asks if that’s okay, I usually cringe.
17. I don’t like to drink water.
18/ I do not have a green thumb. (I forget to water things.)
19. I was born on Easter Sunday.
20. I can wiggle my nose.
21. I’m a bit of a perfectionist. (Okay, more than a bit!)
22. I could eat Nachos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Hold the jalapenos please.)
23. I like to cook.
24. I have a hard time making a recipe without “adjusting” it.
25. I have a cookbook collection that collects dust.
26. I like to try new recipes from the internet.
27. I’m afraid of falling down. Tripping while walking. Tumbling down stairs. Running into a
tree while snow skiing.
28. I rarely wear makeup.
29. I wear very little jewelry.
30. I’ve always wanted a Movado watch.
31. I got one for my 40th birthday.
32. I wear it every day.
33. I listen to many different kinds of music, but prefer Country or Celtic Bluegrass.
34. I listen to Celtic Woman – A New Journey while crafting.
35. I love bagpipes. Especially playing “Amazing Grace” and “Scotland The Brave”.
36. I’d love to learn to dance the Highland Fling and the Sword Dance.
37. My favorite current TV show is Gray’s Anatomy.
38. My favorite childhood TV show was Little House On The Prairie.
39. I wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder.
40. My favorite movie is The Cutting Edge.
41. I love books. Not just to read, but to have around.
42. My favorite book is “Where The Red Fern Grows”, by Wilson Rawls.
43. I’ve read it at least a dozen times and it still makes me cry.
44. I’ve love to own a book/fabric/coffee shop.
45. I once threw my brother into a fireplace.
46. It was about 25 years ago.
47. There was no fire in it, but he still brings it up to this day!
48. In high school, I drove a green VW Fastback.
49. Her name was Fraby.
50. I ignored the oil light and blew the engine.
51. I now drive a mini van.
52. With Stow N Go seating. (How did I manage for so long without it?)
53. I LOVE my mini van.
54. I got my first (and only) speeding ticket this year.
55. I’ve never broken a bone in my body.
56. I tend to take care of others before taking care of myself.
57. I have a hard time saying no to others.
58. I’ve always wanted to try my hand at pottery.
59. I don’t like scary movies or gory movies.
60. I love doing word search puzzles.
61. I like pedicures.
62. I don’t do manicures. They last about 2 minutes on me.
63. I’m not very good at making decisions. (That’s why this was so appropriate.)
64. The beach is one of my favorite places.
65. England is another.
66. I’ve been there 5 or 6 times.
67. My husband is English.
68. I love a good cup of tea. Specifically PG Tips, with milk and sweetener.
69. My dream destination is Paris.
70. I’d also like to visit Scotland.
71. I like cream cheese on my bagels. LOTS of cream cheese.
72. I like my bacon and hash browns extra crispy.
73. My first job was at Bread of France Bakery.
74. I took French for 3 years in high school, but can’t speak the language now.
75. I’ve picked up enough Spanish to get by when traveling to Spanish speaking locales, but not
enough to hold a conversation.
76. I was born and raised in Southern California.
77. I’ve lived here all but 5 years of my life.
78. I lived in Oregon for those 5 years.
79. I miss the seasons (and snow) of Central Oregon.
80. I can’t go to sleep with the closet door open.
81. I can’t go to sleep with socks on.
82. I have a degree in Biology
83. I am a registered Democrat (don’t tell my Dad), but vote for the person, not the party.
84. My first pet was a three legged dog, named Sandy.
85. As a puppy, she got hit by a car and lost her leg.
86. She was part of our family for 17 years.
87. When I was 6, I saw Santa Claus in the kitchen at my Grandpa’s house on Christmas Eve.
88. My Aunt Julie gave me a stuffed frog that year.
89. Daisies are my favorite flower.
90. I love having a bouquet of fresh flowers in the house.
91. Unfortunately, my cat likes to eat them.
92. My cat also likes to pull pins out of my pincushion as a form of entertainment.
93. I don’t let my husband do the laundry.
94. I’ve been called a tyrant when it comes to packing a suitcase.
95. I firmly believe in “A place for everything and everything in it’s place”.
96. My husband does not.
97. I love my husband dearly.
98. I also love my son dearly.
99. I can’t imagine my life without them.
100. I love bloggy giveaways!
Phew! That was harder than I thought it would be, but still a fun exercise.
Wait a minute....did someone say giveaway?
Yes, I did say giveaway.
Of course, I'm having a giveaway!
Actually, two giveaways. One for my Blogiversary and one for my 100th post.
I have no idea yet what the winners will get. And they may not get it 'til after Christmas, but it will be something handmade by me.
Just leave a comment on this post and I'll put your name in the hat. I'll pick winners on Monday, around noon. If you're a lurker, I'd love to hear from you too. What better time to delurk?
Thank you to all my blog buddies who've read and commented throughout the year. I've met some wonderful people and enjoy sharing this little glimpse into my life with you.
Looking forward to the next 100 posts!