And you should see the orchards around us. I'm amazed at how quickly the blossoms are appearing.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Me, all bundled up to stay warm.
Really, that tree jumped right out in front of him!
Nathan on one of his many solo runs.
Yep, that's me laying in the snow after riding down the hill with Nathan.
A fast ride down an icy hill.
It's nice to have snow so close, even though we only make it up there about once a year.
It's also nice to put on warm, dry clothes for the drive home. And hit Starbucks for a Chai Latte. :)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Nathan wanted to make Lemon Cupcakes.
So, we made Lemon Cupcakes.
Look at it go!
Choosing just the right colors for the liners.
Learning to use kitchen tools.
Sampling the batter. After filling all the liners, of course.
The cupcakes turned out very well. No final photo because they've been bagged and put away already. Nathan did have one tonight and assures me they are yummy!
I also made my first batch of homemade granola today.
I followed Kelli's recipe, without the coconut. Because I forgot to get the coconut when I was at the store. Those things happen when I shop without a list!
It is easy to make and tastes great! And the recipe makes quite a bit....about 3 1/2 quarts! Hubby created his own trail mix with some granola, dark chocolate M&Ms and mixed nuts. He says it was the perfect snack.
And I did make the Banana Bread too. It's fresh out of the oven and cooling on the counter. Can't wait for breakfast!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
For many, many reasons.
But today, I have a few specific reasons:
1. My birthday is less than 2 months away.
2. My Mom wants me to be creative.
3. My Mom reads my blog.
4. My Mom came up for a visit yesterday.
5. She brought my early birthday present with her....
Isn't it pretty?!?!
And yes, I've already used it. We made a batch of Zucchini Bread. It was yummy. I'm sure the new mixer had a lot to do with that.
Hmmmm...what to make next?
Sunday, February 1, 2009
8 Things about me:
1. I'm a perfectionist.
2. I'm learning to say no.
3. I clip (and use) coupons.
4. I volunteer in Nathan's classroom every week.
5. I prefer salty snacks.
6. I LOVE extra butter on movie popcorn.
7. My drink of choice is Diet Coke.
8. I love to read, sew, cook and bake.
8 TV Shows I watch:
1. Top Chef
2. Project Runway
3. Tim Gunn's Guide To Style
4. Grey's Anatomy
8. Chopped (New show, haven't decided it I like it or not.)
8 Restaurants I Love
1. Bridgetender's Tavern (Tahoe)
2. Casa Mexico (the BEST fish tacos)
3. Del Taco
4. Taco Bell
5. Mi Pueblito (in Lincoln, CA)
6. The Orchid
7. In N Out
8. Olive Garden
8 Things that happened today:
1. I made bacon and waffles for breakfast.
2. I vacuumed the house.
3. I made the bed.
4. We went to the park.
5. We played basketball at the park
6. I cleaned out my coupon binder.
7. We continued our Cleaning Out the Garage project.
8. I cooked dinner.
8 Things I look forward to:
1. A good night's sleep
2. Spending time with my Mom
3. Visiting family in England
4. Converting the spare room into a sewing/crafting room
6. Family camping trips
7. Nathan losing his top front teeth
8. Getting a massage
8 Things I wish for:
1. Financial security for my family
2. Health for my family and friends
3. Happiness for my family and friends
4. Good friends
5. Time to spend with family and friends
6. An improved economy for everyone
7. Confidence in my sewing ability
8. A Kitchen Aid stand mixer (I know, materialistic.)
8 songs I just listened to:
1. Always Be My Baby
2. Billie Jean
4. Dream Big
5. Eleanor Rigby
7. I'm Alive
8. Little Sparrow
(All David Cook's versions from American Idol Season 7)
8 Favorite Movies:
1. The Cutting Edge
2. Ever After
3. Dirty Dancing
4. Miracle On 34th Street (original)
5. The Wizard of Oz
6. The Holiday
7. Pride and Prejudice (BBC version)
8. Love Actually
8 people I tag:
3. Yard Sale Princess